Scrambled Brains

If you read my last blog entry then you know what’s up. If you didn’t – shame on you lol – but here’s a VERY short version of it. Our landlord isn’t paying his mortgage. We found out the house we’re renting is being foreclosed on. It goes to final judgement TOMORROW morning and then will be auctioned off next month. That being said, we’re trying to get ahead of the situation and find another rental for the next year and a half / two years until we’re prepared to buy.

We found out the ppl living two doors down were moving out and were renting – only a couple hundred more a month than what we’ve been paying (aka – affordable) … So we met up with the property manager last Monday at noon, looked at the house (it’s almost identical to the house we live in now which would be perfect and a very easy move). Everything seemed great. We offered to put down a deposit then and there but they first wanted to run the applications. OK fine. We walk home, pay the $100 application fee for two adults and we’re told we’ll know within 24 hours. Excellent. I mean, time is of the essence here!

Tuesday comes and goes. No word. Wednesday comes and is almost gone and I make hubby call. Apparently the guy was walking into the office that moment to email the owner (keep in mind – this house if OFF the market – no one else knows it’s vacant – and owner wants to rent it out ASAP) – and we’ll definitely know by Wednesday evening. Great! Wednesday night comes to an end and we hear nothing further. They pulled our credit Tuesday early morning. We have good credit. What could possibly be the hold up!? We start calling around to other houses nearby (there are VERY few that are affordable – and all will be downsizing – losing a bedroom as well as at least 400 square feet – so it’s going to be a cramped shitty 2 years if we don’t get the place two doors down – but at this point – ??? what are our options!?) Thursday comes and goes. No word. We go look at another house maybe a mile away. I don’t want to uproot kiddos during school and move to another location. We want to stay in this area. But this area is small and not many places are available. The place we looked at was AWFUL. That’s all I’ll say about that! Friday comes and still no word.

We pick up family from the airport and head to the beach for a couple hours to take advantage of the good weather while it lasts. We leave the beach at 4:30. STILL no word about the house. I make hubby call again. No answer. He leaves a message – to which here it is Monday morning now and we’ve STILL heard nothing back!!!!

Saturday, we go to a pet store, the park, garage sales, shopping, mall, just have a nice day. Yesterday – being Sunday – football day – we had no intention of leaving the house at all. BUT …. 2 places called back and wanted us to go look. We got ready and went to look at them. On our way home – another called – so we turned around to look at that one as well. Didn’t like the third one at all. First two – each had pluses and minuses. One was a house. It even had a pool – but it’s not in this town – so kiddos would have to change schools. Rooms are small, but we could make it work – barely – but it could be done. It’s also losing a bedroom. Second place was a townhouse. Not my ideal situation – considering all options – it had the same amount of bedrooms. Some rooms were huge. Others small. They didn’t like that we have cats. And it’s also even further away from here.

I’m spending pretty much every waking moment looking for homes for rent – preferably in this area – but within 15-20 miles or so just to cover all bases. I know if I pull kiddos out of school where doing well – it will not end well. FRUSTRATION GALORE! I feel like my brains are scrambled. Today we’re looking at two more places – significantly smaller than this one – but at least in the same area – WHY WON’T THEY GET BACK TO US from two doors down? Just say no or just say yes or just say SOMETHING!!! It’s cruel and seemingly bad business to make someone wait so long for an answer (especially after saying it’ll be 24 hours) and they know our situation here – so they know time is of the essence. In the meantime, we waited and lost out on two places that we liked – but were smaller – because we were waiting to hear back from them. Ugh!

Yesterday I found out my moms in the hospital. Apparently been there since Saturday and no one told me. I’d been texting her and not getting a response which was unusual. (We talk pretty much daily) … and … even she doesn’t really know what’s going on – so I’m even more clueless as to the situation. Apparently she heard a loud thud and at some point later woke up and was on the ground / smashed through the metal / screen door. Her head got hit by something so hard that it indented her skull in one place and protruded it in two others. She doesn’t know if she was hit. She doesn’t know if the passed out. She has no idea what happened or how long she was out. She also broke basically her tail bone during the fall. I don’t know if we’ll ever know what happened.

Thankfully my friends invited us all over for a fantastic dinner last night. (Oh yeah – feeding guests – hadn’t much thought about that with so much other crap going on!) I didn’t have to cook. I got a chance to sit back and just relax for a while which my brain really needed. Nightmoves starts this week as well. I’m so unprepared lol! I’ve not been working out (way too much on my plate) … I’ve not ordered more stuff to sell. I’m just a living breathing mess right now!

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter

3 thoughts on “Scrambled Brains

  1. Gee, and I forgot to say something about “Mom.” Wow! Hard to imagine what might have happened. Best wishes and loads of prayers going up for her. I know you’ll give her all you can. So just stay close and let you know you love her.

    Love you, “Mom.”

  2. Use the property appraiser’s website, find out the owners name and mailing address of the house 2 doors down. The use white pages dot com to find their phone #, call them directly. It’s what I did when the rental agent was dragging their feet. It worked perfectly. Good Luck!

  3. Gee, Charlee, and everyone thinks your life is so glamorous. I’m betting that, right now, you’re not feeling too glamorous at all. With the folks two doors down not getting back to you, one thing I would do is check THEM out. If they are hedging this badly, try and find out if something is going on behind the scenes. Remember, the place you’re in now was being foreclosed without your knowledge. So double-check the place you want to make sure you don’t get ousted again. Run a credit check on the owners, double-check the property management company.

    And keep the faith. It sounds like there’s no way to go but up. And good for you trying to keep the kids in their school. It can be pretty traumatic for kids to have to change schools. But, if you have to change, just sit down with them and discuss it with them. Keep them in the process. You don’t have to tell them every little detail, but kids understand more than you think. If you sit down with them and explain the basics of what’s going on, it will help them understand much more and make the whole process easier for them.

    Keep the faith, girl! I’m rootin’ for ya!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *